Posted: February 26th, 2018
Choose the instructions that would be included on the list. Select all home care instructions that apply.
1. Use the fingertips to lift the cast while it is drying.
2. Keep small toys and sharp objects away from the cast.
3. Use a padded ruler or another padded object to scratch the skin under the cast if it itches.
4. Place a heating pad on the lower end of the cast and over the fingers if the fingers feel cold.
5. Contact the health care provider if the child complains of numbness or tingling in the extremity.
6. Elevate the extremity on pillows for the first 24 to 48 hours after casting to prevent swelling.
Place an order in 3 easy steps. Takes less than 5 mins.