Posted: April 26th, 2017
Sallie Mae Fisher’s Health History and Discharge Orders
Sallie Mae Fisher Health History Ms. Fisher is an 82-year-old female with a history of chronic congestive heart failure (CHF), atrial fibrillation, and hypertension. During the last 6 months, she has been hospitalized four times for exacerbation of her CHF. She was discharged home last Saturday from the hospital after a 3-day stay to treat increased dyspnea, an 8-pound weight gain, and chest pain. Ms. Fisher is recently widowed and lives alone. She has a daughter, Thelma Jean, who lives in town but works full time and has family issues of her own. Therefore, family support is limited. Hospital Discharge Instructions • Mountain Top Home Health to evaluate cardio-pulmonary status, medication management, and home safety. • Medical Equipment Company to deliver oxygen concentrator and instruct patient in use. O2 at 2 liters per nasal prongs PRN. • Prescriptions given at discharge: o Digoxin 0.25 mg once a day o Lasix 80 mg twice a day o Calan 240 mg once a day • Order written to continue other home meds.
Sallie Mae’s Home Medication List • Zocar 50 mg once a day • Minipres 1 mg once a day • Vasotec 10 mg twice a day • Prilosec 20 mg once a day • Furosemide 40 mg once a day • Effexor 37.5 mg at bedtime • Lanoxin 0.125 mg every other day • Multivitamin once a day • Potassium 40 mEq once a day • Ibuprofen 400 mg q 4 hours as needed for pain • Darvocet N 100 mg q 4 hours as needed for pain • Nitroglycerin ointment, apply 1 inch every day
Home Visit WithSallie Mae Fisher Grading Criteria
1) Identified and prioritized at least four problems from the simulated home visit with Salle Mae.
2) Summarized each problem identified with evidence to substantiate findings (assessment data).
3) Identified and discussed at least four medical and/or nursing interventions to meet client needs.
4) Provides rational for interventions identified. Discussion of rationale includes support from outside resources (current evidence-based literature).
Scripted Dialogue Portion
1) Utilizes information learned from the home visit, health history, and discharge orders presented in the simulation to develop a patient dialog.
2) Dialog addresses physiological, psychosocial, educational, and spiritual needs of the client.
1) Essay Portion Prepare this step of the assignment according to the APA guidelines found in the APA Style Guide, located in the Student Success Center. An abstract is not required. Information is paraphrased and not copied/pasted from other sources, including dictionaries, textbooks, e-books, and electronic links.
2) Scripted Dialogue Portion APA format is not required for this part of the assignment, but solid academic writing is expected.
Total______pts / 100 x 200=_______% of grade Possible
Place an order in 3 easy steps. Takes less than 5 mins.