Posted: February 26th, 2018
Total laryngectomy about caring for the stoma : Choose the 5 Important instructions that the nurse provides to the client
A nurse is reinforcing instructions to a client following a total laryngectomy about caring for the stoma.
Choose the instructions that the nurse provides to the client. Select all that apply.
1. Protect the stoma from water.
2. Soaps should be avoided near the stoma.
3. Wash the stoma daily using a washcloth.
4. Use diluted alcohol on the stoma to clean it.
5. Apply a thin layer of petroleum jelly to the skin surrounding the stoma.
6. Use soft tissues to clean any secretions that accumulate around the stoma.