NRS-437V Module 5 Analysis of an Ethical Dilemma + Interviews Papers
Ethical Decision Making in Health Care – Ethical Dilemmas in Global Health Care
Grand Canyon University
Collaborative Learning Community: Analysis of an Ethical Dilemma
Collaborative Learning Community: Analysis of an Ethical Dilemma (Part 1)
In your CLC group, select one of the following three options and view the video related to your chosen topic (a description of each is provided along with a link to access the electronic media):
Dilemma 1: Embryo Harvesting and Freezing/Genetic Manipulation (Posthumous Conception Case)
Ethical issues related to case: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EIenB7qgIVk
Washington Post article of Karen Capato Case: http://articles.washingtonpost.com/2012-03-19/politics/35450022_1_karen-capato-robert-capato-survivor-benefitsUS
Supreme Court (2011) Ruling on Capato Case: http://www.supremecourt.gov/opinions/11pdf/11-159.pdf
Description: Eighteen months after her husband, Robert Capato, died of cancer, re¬spondent Karen Capato gave birth to twins conceived through in-vitro fertilization using her husband’s frozen sperm. Should technology be used to create live posthumously?
Dilemma 2: Marketing of Medical / Pharmaceutical Products
While medical treatments and pharmaceuticals are common approaches to address a wide variety of conditions, there is growing concern from consumer groups and the medical community regarding current marketing practices which result in overconsumption or no medical benefit. The medical industry however, argues that these technologies are revolutionary in relieving suffering.
Consider the ethical dilemmas of this case. What are the possible ethical dilemmas and implications?
Dilemma 3: Voluntary/Assisted Euthanasia
Dax Case 1
The Terry Schiavo Documentary
1) The quality of life for two individuals has been dramatically affected following traumatic events. What are the ethical implications in the scenarios? What response should be given to the patient and family in response to their requests for assisted euthanasia? Write a formal paper of 750-1,000 words identifying important components of the topic. Include the following:
a) A description of the topic and related ethical implications:
i) Obligations to your profession and work as a nurse.
ii) Laws regarding this topic.
iii) Stake holders in this scenario.
b) A summary of the impact on social values, morals, norms, and nursing practice.
c) An explanation of how an ethical theory and/or ethical principle might be applied to address the chosen topic.
2) Prepare this assignment according to the APA guidelines found in the APA Style Guide, located in the Student Success Center. An abstract is not required.
3) Submit the assignment to the instructor by the end of Module 4.
Collaborative Learning Community: Analysis of an Ethical Dilemma (Part 2)
1) In your CLC group, interview a hospital administrator, a spiritual leader, a health care colleague, and a neighbor/friend. (A total of four different individuals must be interviewed by the group in-person or by telephone).
a) Ask all individuals interviewed to share their philosophy and worldview in relation to the ethical dilemma your group identified for Part 1 of this CLC assignment.
b) Summarize the responses of each of the four individuals interviewed.
c) As a group, consider the responses of the individuals interviewed and assess their similarities/differences.
2) Compose a written recommendation (750-1,000 words), incorporating the research your group has done as well as the four interview results to come to a resolution to the ethical dilemma. Be sure to clearly articulate your group’s position and the rationale for your position.
3) Prepare this assignment according to the APA guidelines found in the APA Style Guide, located in the Student Success Center. An abstract is not required.
4) Submit the four interview summaries and the group resolution to the instructor by the end of Module 5.
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more