Posted: April 28th, 2017
Identify the structures and functions of the main organs found in your selected organism
dentify an organism that lives within 50 miles of your home. (desert tortoise) (LA Quinta CA area)
Write a 1,050- to 1,400-word paper about how the organism has adapted to survive in their specific environment. Include the following points in your paper:
- Briefly describe the environment (temperature, landscape, food sources, etc.) and describe the organism’s role in the environment. Determine which organism your chosen organism be most closely related to using a phylogenetic tree.
- Identify the structures and functions of the main organs found in your selected organism.
- Explain how the organism has evolved physiologically to become suited to its environment.
- Explain how things would change if the organism were to be transplanted to a significantly different environment:
- Would their organ system still be as efficient? Why or why not?
- Would the organism survive in this new environment? Why or why not?
Include the diagram and other appropriate pictures in your paper and make sure to provide a full reference for the images in your reference section.
Format your paper consistent with APA guidelines including references and in-text citations. Your paper should include a well written introduction and conclusion. Use only academic research sources.