Posted: April 27th, 2017
How do you define a victimologist? What are the differences between a victimologist and a criminologist?
Submit your answers in 2–pageS Microsoft Word document.
Support your responses with examples.
Cite any sources in APA format.
For this assignment, your task is to draft an introductory memo for the advisory board of a not-for-profit victim support organization to explain what victimology is and the role of the victimologist. In your memo include the following information:
- What is victimology? How does victimology lead to the belief of personal vulnerability? Be descriptive and use plain language that a layman will understand.
- How do you define a victimologist? What are the differences between a victimologist and a criminologist? Use the definitions of victim and that of crime.
- How do you interpret the functions of a victimologist and a criminologist? Provide examples to elaborate on the functions of a victimologist and criminologists.
- How would you compare and contrast a victimologist and a victim; and criminologist and a crime?
- Why do you think that the field of victimology is relevant to the criminal justice system?