Posted: April 26th, 2017
What are the most critical issues for consideration during assessment of the patient? Why are these considerations important?
Discharge Plan and Placement of Elderly Patient
Nursing Task 2:
This paper proposes a discharge plan for 72-year-old Henry Trosack who is being discharged after undergoing a Total Hip Replacement (THR) surgery.
Steps to follow before patients discharge:
Section A: Assessment of the Situation
- What are the most critical issues for consideration during assessment of the patient?
- Why are these considerations important?
- Interdisciplinary Team
- Issues from the safety assessment that could affect the determination of discharge placement
Part B: Discharge Plan of Care
- Social Isolation
- Psychological Factors in Recovery Process
- Recommended Discharge Placement for Mr. Trosack