Posted: April 27th, 2017
he # of pages don’t matter as long as all questions are answered COMPLETELY AND WITH lots of detail. probably be around 4-5 pages. no extra/unnecessary sentences to make the paper longer PLS.
As with the other assignments, this should be typed (or word-processed), and double-spaced, with one-inch margins. Use a standard font (e.g. Times New Roman or Courier, 12 cpi) and black ink. You will be evaluated on content and the logical presentation of your ideas. Partial credit will be given for well supported, but incomplete responses. Be sure to proof-read your papers to ensure your responses are complete and accurate, and to also minimize spelling and grammatical errors (too many errors will result in point reductions). Also, be sure to list all primary sources of information you used to formulate your responses for full credit.
1. Describe how Cnidarians and Ctenophores are similar. How are they different?
2. Sea anemones compete for space and this was covered in lecture. Describe how they ‘wage war’.
3. Symbiotic relationships were discussed in the lecture. Define the term symbiosis. What are the 3 main types of symbiosis? Be sure to include an example for each.
4. Compare and contrast the worms in the Phylum Platyhelminthes and Phylum Nematoda.
5. Lastly, why is bilateral symmetry important in the evolution of animals? How are the major worm phyla different from the Cnidarians and Ctenophores? Be sure to use examples in your response.
It is important that you cite the information you include in your paper. This should be either footnoted or included in the style of most scientific journals. Here is an important note: For the rest of the reports for this class, DO NOT use Wikipedia or WIKI sites as primary resources. all citation should be listed in a references cited list at the end of the paper. I encourage you to use your text (Marine Biology, by Castro and Huber) as one of your resources. You may also use other texts, articles, or internet cites (please see the exception above). Example citations for references section:
Place an order in 3 easy steps. Takes less than 5 mins.