Posted: April 21st, 2017
1) What is the approximate radius of Carbon-12?
(a)What is the approximate radius of a Fe-56 nucleus?
(b) Approximately what is the value of A for a nucleus whose radius is 3.0 x 10-15m?
3) Calculate the binding energy per nucleon for a U-238 nucleus?
4) In the reaction 1H + 1n -> 2H + Y
what is the energy of Y(Gamma) rays emitted here?
5) Polonium-214 can decay by alpha decay.
a) The product of its decay has how many fewer protons the polonium-214?
b) Write the nuclear equation for this decay.
6) Write the nuclear equation for the decay of Co- 60? If there are any alpha, beta or gamma particles created what is their maximum kinetic energy created?
7) Francium-223 has a half-life of 21.8 min.
a) How many nuclei are initial present in a 25.0 mg sample?
Place an order in 3 easy steps. Takes less than 5 mins.